These are not log cabins, have no partial seams, but nobody will be able to tell how you put it together! Our co-owner Jo developed this method as a fun, low-stress way of piecing with the bonus of creating a stunning and unique quilt.
Make any size quilt you like, in class we will start with enough for a small throw. Fabric selection will be covered in class. Students will have time to shop to add to the fabrics they bring, and will have access to our scrap bin during class.
- Sewing machine w/ foot pedal, power cord, bobbin case, bobbins, needles, etc.
- fabric scissors
- optional: rotary cutter & 6” x 12” cutting ruler (cutting mats provided)
- fabric: (you may choose to bring some or none of the list and continue fabric selection during class after we cover the topic)
- main color: 1/2 yard each of 3 solid (or near-solid) fabrics (or equivalent in scraps in strips, at least 18” long and any width)
- contrast colors: 1/8 yard each of 6 fabrics (or equivalent in small scraps)
- accent: 1/8 yard each of 2 fabrics (or equivalent in small scraps)
- neutral or coordinating thread
- notebook & pen/pencil